Friday 7 December 2012


BHP weighs in on... Addiction.

So I’m addicted to lots of things. 
Like coffee. I’m a one a day man.. but it must be one a day. When I first arrive at work. Triple espresso. No sugar. No milk. No bullshit. Then it’s tea for the rest of the day. Green. Clean and soothing. 
I’m addicted to laughter and hilarity of any type. I’m drawn to it, like a moth to light, like a fly to poo. It drags me in like the death stars tractor beam. 
I’m addicted to the scent of Frangipani. The yellow and white ones. Not the pink. If I could inhale one scent all day every day for the rest of my years, I’d choose it. 
Most of all I’m an addict of music.. of the tune. What very little time I have to myself, outside of work, is spent in search of, or in the company of, or just basking in, that which comes out of instruments, preferably amplified and delivered through a fuck-off sound system (read: big). Sometimes I find a song that reverberates through me with such a purpose, a sublime grace and searing ease that I believe it to be made exclusively for me. And my addictive personality takes over. Here is one such song that I happened across recently. It is as yet unreleased.. although Soundcloud could well be considered a platform for release. I'd like to share it with you.
Listen if you will. It’s my choice cut #22
By a group of people, possibly a band, more a gathering out of London’s east end. (As far as I can tell). There’s more than enough in this track to nab me. Hook line and sinker. I will find them.. and see them live.

They are FU, or Former Utopia
The track is titled A Love Like Infinity’

Find it here.
https://soundcloud.com/search?q=a%20love%20like%20infinity

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my. Addictions. I have so many. Words. Coffee. Running. Baths. This list could go on and on.

Recently went to the David Byrne & St. Vincent concert. A lovely, lovely evening of happy and energetic music.

And I love Jesse Cook. Any man who can play the guitar the way he does can have hot raunchy monkey sex with me at any given moment.

Cheeky Minx said...

Music is also one of my addictions, which is one of the reasons I adore your choice cuts, bhp. Former Utopia in name and sound are right up my alley.

There's something about your coffee and green tea contradiction that suits you very well. In fact, from what I can gather about you, the combination of a dark, intense strength and a clean, soothing green palate seems to speak to the complexity, the poles (er, excusing the pun...) you share with us here.

As for my own, well, I'm sure there's one that's more than self-evident...

both.hands.please said...

That gig sounds positively amazing Ella. Byrne is a genius & St.Vincent the perfect accompaniment. I love their work!
As for Jesse Cook.. I do enjoy abit of flamenco, but I prefer my raunchy monkey sex with the female variety. However I can't blame you!!
And I look forward to reading of some of your multitude of addictions. A fascinating topic me thinks.


So there's common ground between us Minx.. that's a lovely prospect. I'm just pleased to share whatever I can with you. (quite literally).
It's interesting the contradiction you pick up on.. I hadn't given it a thought, but it may well speak volumes!! Something I'll have to investigate..
And as for your own addictions, CM, what I'd really like to do is play incredibly dumb and ask you to elaborate.. Just for the hell of it!
Glad you enjoy these cuts, & more.