Thursday 27 September 2012

BHPlugs..

Being an avid reader of comic books since, well lets just say I’ve read quite a few, has not only enabled me to escape momentarily into a largely innocent world of fantasy, but it exposes me to upcoming artists, story-tellers, through both written word and illustration.


 It comes as no surprise that a young uber-talent by the name of Sam Weber is now making his mark with forays into the far wider reaching medium of commercial art, or to put it more succinctly.. commercial art has found him. And good on him. 


I first became aware of his work as cover artist on a run of House of Mystery comics for a major American publisher.. It’s funny, but even back then I was struck by the unworldly talent this guy displayed, and pegged him for greatness. So if you’ve never heard of him, familiarise yourself with his name and work. And if it strikes a chord, pass it on. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Posts like this, its starts to be the background interests of yours that add to the intrigue, the allure, the sexiness.... I find the first image alarming in the eyes, the rest draw you in...
-tori

both.hands.please said...

However unwittingly I've added to your intrigue Tori, I'm definitely drawn in by your reaction.
And I'm here smiling..